Wanting perfectly straight teeth without wearing a mouth full of metal? College Drive Dental Associates in Palos Heights can help you achieve a straight smile without the use of traditional braces. Invisalign is a clear, thin plastic aligner that is custom-made to fit your teeth and gradually shift them straight. It is the perfect treatment for both adults and teens, allowing you to straighten your teeth quickly and discreetly.
How Invisalign Works
- Schedule a consultation – First, you will need to schedule an appointment with College Drive Dental Associates to see if Invisalign is the right fit for your orthodontic needs. Here, your dentist will take a scan of your mouth to create the best treatment plan for you.
- Follow your custom treatment plan – After this initial consultation, you will receive several custom-fit aligners made to facilitate the precise movements of your teeth. You will need to wear your aligners 20-22 hours a day to achieve the best results. Just take them out to eat, brush, and floss!
- Monitor your progress – You’ll start to notice your teeth gradually shifting and changing as you progress with the Invisalign treatment. You will need to schedule check-ups with your dentist about every six weeks, where they may recommend you begin wearing new aligners every week, as opposed to every two weeks.
- Enjoy your new smile – Once your treatment plan is complete, you might want to work with your dentist to get a custom-made retainer to maintain your beautiful new smile.
Benefits of Invisalign
Invisalign is a convenient, discreet way to straighten your teeth and with fewer visits to the dentist. Additionally, the benefit of having a straight smile is priceless when it comes to achieving optimal dental health and confidence. Teeth that are in healthy positions can make it much easier to clean while reducing the risk of periodontal disease; a serious gum infection that damages the soft tissue and destroys the bone that supports your teeth. A healthy, straight smile can also help boost self-confidence. More reasons why you might consider Invisalign:
- There’s no need to avoid difficult foods: if you had braces as a child, you’ll recall your dentist asking you to stay away from hard foods like carrots, or sticky foods like candy, all of which could damage your braces. With Invisalign, you can remove your aligner while you eat whatever you want.
- Unlike obstructive braces, Invisalign is clear and nearly unnoticeable when worn.
- Invisalign is more comfortable and safer than braces, and is a great option for sports enthusiasts or the accident-prone.
- Because you can remove your aligners when you brush your teeth, it’s easier to keep your teeth clean and healthy. Your dentist will provide you with a cleaning kit for your aligner, and the option to remove it at any time can help prevent the buildup of plaque.
Interested in getting your best smile with the Invisalign process? Contact College Drive Dental Associates to set up your Invisalign consultation today.
How would you look with straight teeth? Invisalign®️ SmileView™️ simulates your new smile! Take a smiling selfie and we’ll show you what Invisalign®️ treatment can do for you.