If you’re not entirely satisfied with the aesthetic appearance of your teeth, College Drive Dental Associates offers cosmetic dentistry services to transform your smile. We perform a wide variety of elective procedures—from whitening to veneers to dental implants—that can improve the appearance of your teeth and mouth.
How We Can Help
While these elective procedures do not always coincide with your twice-yearly visit to the general dentist, many of our services have structural and health benefits as well as aesthetic. Some of our procedures—veneers and bonding, for example— go beyond improving the appearance of your smile and can bring damaged teeth and gums back into good working order. Common cosmetic procedures include:
- Teeth Whitening – This common procedure removes stains and discoloration left from years of eating and drinking. The dentist will simply apply a gel to your enamel and activate it using a laser or heated light to give you noticeably whiter teeth.
- Veneers – Made individually for each patient, veneers are custom-fit porcelain teeth that are designed as a substitute for your tooth enamel. They can resolve a number of cosmetic and structural problems, such as cracked or damaged enamel, crooked teeth, and gaps.
- Dental Implants – Implants replace rotten, infected or missing teeth by attaching directly to your jaw. They look exactly like real, healthy teeth and you never have to worry about them having an imperfect fit or coming loose as you eat.
- Bonding – Used for fixing broken or chipped teeth, this procedure consists of shaping a mold that attaches to the rest of your enamel with basic adhesive. Once set in place, the hardened mold blends seamlessly to the rest of your tooth, making the original damage completely disappear.
Things You Should Know
Do any of the above treatments sound like they could be a good fit? Before electing into one of these procedures, there are a few things you should know first.
- Who should provide your treatment? Consider contacting your general dentist at College Drive Dental Associates to determine whether your not they can perform your desired procedure. You will often find that they will be able to provide you with whitening services and more. A specialist, however, often does more extensive cosmetic repairs. In this case, you might consider researching providers that specialize in your particular procedure.
- How much will it cost? If your care also serves a restorative function (like fixing a broken tooth, for example), you may find that your dental insurance covers the costs. For elective cosmetic procedures, though, there is the possibility that your insurance does not cover the costs. Contact your dental insurance provider to determine which treatments are covered.
- What does the treatment entail? Before receiving treatment, you will need to schedule a consultation with your dentist. They will speak with you about his or her process, as well as recovery time, sedation, and the procedure itself. Many procedures, like teeth whitening, require little to no recovery period. However, you may need anesthesia for some treatments, such as teeth implants. If you have any allergies to certain medications or anesthesia, this would be a good time to discuss them with your dentist.
To see what cosmetic procedures may be right for you, contact College Drive Dental Associates today to schedule your consultation.